Choosing The Right EyKuver Lens Tint
Protecting your vision by using the correct eye protection is vital to long term eye health. The sun's UVA and UVB rays can damage your eyes by causing cataracts, corneal sunburn, macular degeneration, pterygium and skin cancer around the eyelids. There are several ways for prescription eyewear users to protect their eyes from the sun, they include prescription sunglasses, clip-on eyewear, clip on sunglasses and discount/cheap sunglasses.
EyKuver's static cling film allows you to temporarily turn your prescription eyeglasses into sunglasses when you need it. What makes EyKuver so convenient is they are affordable and easily stashed in pockets, glove boxes, purses, and backpacks insuring that if you forget your expensive prescription sunglasses you will still have the right eye protection.
EyKuver optical film comes in 2 tints, gray and blue. Each lens tint provides specific optical characteristics for different light conditions and situations. Having the right lens tint affects the way you see colors, contrast, and depth perception. Using the correct tint for the conditions increases eye comfort and results in better eye health.
Gray is the most popular lens tint because it performs very well in a large variety of conditions including sunny and cloudy days. A gray tinted lens provides anti-fatigue benefits and excellent overall protection from sun glare. It’s a perfect choice for most outdoor activities in a wide variety of conditions and sunlight intensities.
Gray Tint Characteristics
- Great for all-purpose use, including driving, hiking, golf, baseball, tennis, football, soccer, and water sports.
- Great for variable weather on sunny or overcast days
- Anti-fatigue characteristics
- Accurate color perception
- Dark enough to provide excellent eye protection from varying sun intensities
- Reduces glare
A Blue tinted lens enhances contours around objects and improves color perception, it also can have a calming effect on the eyes. Blue tint is also great for the winter because they reduce glare in snowy conditions.
Blue Tint Characteristics
- Reduces glare on water and in snow
- Helps define contours and shapes
- Improves color perception
- Good in low light conditions including mist, fog, and snow
- Great for viewing sporting events due to the increased contrast